CITY NATIONAL BANK
423 FERRY STREET
P.O. BOX 380
METROPOLIS, IL 62960
ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Indicated below are types of Electronic Fund Transfers we are capable of handling, some of which may not apply to your account. Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for the transactions listed. You should keep this notice for future reference.
Types of Transfers
You may access your account(s) by computer 24 hours a day by logging onto our website at www.cnb-metropolis.com and using your social security number and your password to:
Please also see Limitations on frequency of transfers section regarding limitations that apply to computer transfers.
- transfer funds from checking to checking
- transfer funds from checking to savings
- transfer funds from savings to checking
- transfer funds from savings to savings
- make payments from checking to loan accounts with us
- make payments from savings to loan accounts with us
- get information about:
- the account balance of checking accounts
- deposits to checking accounts
- withdrawals from checking accounts
- the account balance of savings accounts
- deposits to savings accounts
- withdrawals from savings accounts
- loan account balance
Limitations on frequency of transfers - In addition to those limitations on transfers elsewhere described, if any, the following limitations apply:
- Transfers from a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer are limited to six per month with no transfers by check, debit card or similar order to third parties.
- Transfers from a Cash Management account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or computer transfer are limited to six per statement cycle with no more than three by check or similar order to third parties.
- We do not charge for direct deposits to any type of account.
- We do not charge for preauthorized payments from any type of account, except as indicated elsewhere, we do not charge for these
electronic fund transfers.
- Terminal transfers. You can get a receipt at the time you make any
transfer to or from your account using one of our automated teller machines or point-of-sale terminals.
- Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits
made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, the person or company making the deposit will tell you every time they send us the money.
- Preauthorized credits. If you have arranged to have direct deposits
made to your account at least once every 60 days from the same person or company, you can call us at (618) 524-2161 to find out whether or not the deposit has been made.
- Periodic statements. You will get a monthly account statement from
us, except in the following circumstances: You will get a monthly statement for your passbook savings accounts unless there are no transfers in a particular month.
- Right to stop payment and procedure for doing so. If you have told
us in advance to make regular payments out of your account, you can stop any of these payments: Call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure in time for us to receive your request 3 business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. We will charge you $10.00 for each stop-payment order you give.
- Notice of varying amounts. If these regular payments may vary in
amount, the person you are going to pay will tell you 10 days before each payment, when it will be made and how much it will be. (You may choose instead to get this notice only when the payment would differ by more than a certain amount from the previous payment, or when the amount would fall outside certain limits that you set).
- Liability for failure to stop payment of preauthorized transfer. If
you order us to stop one of these payments 3 business days or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages.
Financial Institution's Liability
- Liability for failure to make transfers. If we do not complete a
transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in
your account to make the transfer.
- If you have an overdraft line and the transfer would go over the
- If the automated teller machine where you are making the
transfer does not have enough cash.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you
knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood)
prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- in order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- if you give us written permission.
Consumer Liability. Generally tell us AT ONCE if you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit). If you tell us within 2 business days, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used you card and/or code without your permission. (If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen, and you tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your card and/or code without your permission).
If you do NOT tell us within 2 business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your card and/or code, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your card and/or code without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Additional Limit on Liability for VISA Check Card. Unless you have been grossly negligent or have engaged in fraud, you will not be liable for any unauthorized transactions using your lost or stolen VISA Check Card. This additional limit on liability does not apply to ATM transactions, to transactions using your Personal Identification Number which are not processed by VISA, or to commercial cards.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer. If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure.
Error Resolution Notice
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this brochure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any)
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly
as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days (5 days for VISA Check Card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days if the transfer involved a new account, a point-of-sale transaction, or a foreign initiated transfer) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days (5 business days for VISA Check Card point-of-sale transactions and 20 business days if the transfer involved a new account) for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. Your account is considered a new account for the first 30 days after the first deposit is made, unless each of you already has an established account with us before this account is opened.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.
You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
THE CITY NATIONAL BANK OF METROPOLIS
423 FERRY STREET, P.O. BOX 380
METROPOLIS, IL 62960
Business Days: Monday thru Saturday
Excluding Federal Holidays
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE